Advanced Heart & Vascular Care in Fort Worth
As a leading heart hospital in Tarrant County for more than 40 years, Medical City Fort Worth focuses on what matters most to heart patients and their families. That focus includes quick heart attack response times, advanced cardiovascular diagnostics and procedures, and a cardiology team that works to improve and save lives every day.
Minimally Invasive Heart Procedures
Advanced technology and dedicated physicians enable Medical City Fort Worth to offer some of the most advanced minimally invasive cardiac procedures available today. Medical City Fort Worth was the first hospital in Tarrant County to perform transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) and the first in North Texas to perform the Watchman procedure. It was also the first in Tarrant County to use the Impella®, the world's smallest heart pump. In addition, Medical City Fort Worth was the first in Texas to implant the Intuity valve after clinical trials.
Medical City Fort Worth’s commitment to advanced cardiac care includes our complex electrophysiology ablations and minimally invasive peripheral intervention work.
- TAVR -- FDA-approved treatment for people diagnosed with severe aortic stenosis who are considered either high-risk or too sick for valve replacement through open heart surgery. Meet our 100th TAVR patient:
- Watchman Heart Device – Minimally invasive option for patients with atrial fibrillation, or irregular heart rhythm, to reduce the risk of stroke, as an alternative to the long-term use of blood thinning medications.
- Intuity heart valve – Rapid-deployment valve procedure to treat patients who suffer from aortic stenosis. Watch and Intuity heart valve procedure:
- Evera MRI™ SureScan® ICD System – the first implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) system approved for use with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans. Watch a video here:
- Impella® -- About the size of a coffee stirrer, the Impella is a non-invasive alternative to the standard balloon pump and enables life-saving coronary interventions for high-risk patients. Watch a video here:
For more information on minimally invasive heart procedures, such as TAVR and Watchman, contact the Medical City Fort Worth Structural Heart Clinic at 817-347-4935.